Assistant in Primary Aftercare
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have experience caring for young children, ages 2 1/2 to 6 years old? At Pacific Crest School, we create a peaceful, engaging Montessori environment that nurtures the child's natural love of work, life, discovery, and independence. Come join our team of dedicated staff and AMI trained teachers as we feed the fires of intelligence, creativity and love in every child.
Details about this position:
Primary Teachers' Assistant, serving children age 2 1/2 to 6 years old, Monday - Friday.
Under the direction of the Lead Aftercare Guide and the children's classroom teachers, the Aftercare assistant prepares and maintains the classroom and materials; shares the responsibility for the safety and physical well-being of the children; assists with projects and outings; attends occasional staff meetings and trainings; and models integrity, curiosity, and respect for the Montessori approach to development and to all children and adults in our community.
What your job will entail:
- Observe children, with our support and direction, to determine where you can help them to grow and contribute to the group with independence
- Plan and prepare a daily snack for the children and clean up (children may be involved in both the preparation and the clean up)
- Help maintain the Montessori "Prepared Environment" by cleaning and arranging materials
- Schedule and lead children's outings to local libraries and parks
- Drive our large, 10 passenger school vans
- Oversee after school activities like arts and crafts, outdoor play, etc.. .
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience with Primary age students (3-6 years old)
- Has some Montessori knowledge or a desire to learn and adopt new ways of interacting with children, guided by our training and feedback
- Has a joyful disposition and a love of working with children of this age
- Has gentle but firm classroom management skills
- Is an excellent communicator
- Has the ability to interact with parents and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, and confident manner
- Has some flexibility with hours and scheduling
- Is patient with children and creative (You may have to come up with games or crafts on the spot)
- Has experience leading children in outdoor games, sports, gardening, skits, music, art or cooking
To apply send your resume to email@example.com